The Lord is my GREAT COACH

 

A good coach can transform a game, while a great coach can transform a life. P.T. Usha, a village girl, was discovered by O.M. Nambiar, who nurtured her into Asia’s 'Golden Girl' in track racing. A coach plays a significant role in the life of an athlete or in any game. Life is a race, and the Bible urges us to finish it well. God serves as the ultimate coach, embodying five key qualities essential for success. Let's explore these qualities and entrust our lives to God's guidance, ensuring transformation for His glory.

1.    A coach has complete KNOWLEDGE of the sport and the players. God is a great coach for He has complete knowledge about us and our race. GOD KNOWS US WELL (Psalm 139:1-6).

2.    A coach is a MOTIVATOR. God is a great motivator. In times of doubt, the Bible reminds us: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). With God as our motivator, we find courage to overcome challenges, achieve our goals, and live with purpose. The presence of God is our motivation (Psalm 139:7-12).

3.    A coach is a good COMMUNICATOR & a LISTENER too. God's presence is tangible. He listens to our prayers, offering comfort and guidance. Through scripture, meditation, and inner conviction, God speaks to us, guiding our paths and instilling hope. Embrace His presence; He's always ready to listen and speak into our lives with love and wisdom (Psalm 61:1-3 & 2 Samuel 7:8-11)

4.    A coach is highly DISCIPLINED and DISCIPLINES uncompromisingly, at the same time exemplary. Look at the life of Jesus and we find the very definition of what discipline is. God disciplines us uncompromisingly so that we become a perfect like Him (Psalm 94:12-14; Hebrews 12:7).

5.    A coach displays COMMITMENT and CELEBRATES the success of his people. God is committed to his children. He would never leave us nor forsake us and he celebrates our victory always (Psalm 40:4-5).

Yes. God as a great coach can transform our life for he has complete knowledge about us, he motivates us, he speaks and listens to us, he disciplines us, and he is committed to us. Are we committed to him? While David sang God as his good shepherd, I wish to sing that in my version of God as my Great coach.  


1 The Lord is my GREAT COACH, I am fit and lack nothing.

2 He makes me RACE in the right track,

he strengthens me when I am weak and tired,

3 he refreshes my soul with LIVING WATER. He guides me along 

the RIGHT RULES for his name’s sake.

4 Even though I RUN through various trials and temptations

I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

your WORD and your PRESENCE, they MOTIVATE me.

5 You prepare a way for me to SUCCEED

    in the presence of my opponents

You empower me with your HOLY SPIRIT; my cup   overflows.

6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me

    all the days of my TRAINING,

and I will FINISH the RACE dwelling 

in the house of the Lord forever.




For my short reflections on Psalms of David click here


Comments

  1. Nice one sir, "The Great Coach Psalm" version is amazing 🤩🙌🏻 Blessings 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vinay. Yes, the Lord is a great coach and without his training we cannot complete the race.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lavish Loyal Longsuffering Longing Love of GOD

Embracing God's Boundless Mercy: Five Compelling Reasons to Seek His Mercy